Thursday 13 March 2014

One of your 5 A day...

I'm a keen believer in getting your five a day, and one of my 5 a day is big guns! 

Today on the menu is the Iconic QF 25pdr!

The Ordnance QF 25-pounder, or more simply, 25-pounder or 25-pdr, was introduced into service just before World War II, during which it served as the major dual-purpose British field gun/howitzer. 
Combining high rates of fire with a reasonably lethal shell in a highly mobile piece, it was the British Army's primary artillery field piece well into the 1960s, with smaller numbers serving in training units until the 1980s.

I purchased two of WestWind productions, 25pdrs from their Berlin or Bust range. To add to my 8th Army Bolt Action army. 
These came with a large crew of 28mm figures in western field dress. These have gone in a draw probably never to be used. But the guns were perfect for what I need, no muzzle brake, that was fitted to the gun later in the war. They come with a little limber (ammunition carnage). 
No instruction 😒, but not to hard to figure out. 
8/10 product IMO. 

Without further delay, here they are:





I held back a few of the plastic perry chaps, and with a bit of cutting shutting and general gluing. Here is the result. 
I green stuffed some beret on a couple to give some originality. 
A few arms are standard, a few arms are bren gun carrying arms with the gun cut away. 

One chap in each crew has a shell in his hand, made from a shaped bit of resin I had lying around. 

The putty on the base, is 4grounds base render, LOVE this stuff, it's pretty much just filler, but just seems to be easier to work with. 
The camo net, I picked up off a military modeller on eBay. 

Any question please ask, 
I will endeavour to answer any.

Regards, 

No comments:

Post a Comment